Volvo Group’s North American Aftermarket Dealer Conference
Since its inception in 2003, Vela has partnered with Volvo Group to stage and produce UPTIME, an industry-recognized aftermarket event for North American Mack and Volvo dealers and supplier partners. From strategic planning and content development to venue selection and overall event management, Vela has led the creative and organizational management for this bi-annual event.
In 2015, Volvo Group’s directive was to create an engaging learning environment using a “Mission Possible” theme for the four-day event. Vela responded with a creative and cohesive campaign to generate pre-event buzz and bring the agenda alive on site with a “Mission Possible” immersion experience. Successful Dealer recently highlighted the UPTIME Conference in this article.
- Oversee event production, concept, design, execution, supplier management, speaker management, graphic design, copywriting, venue selection and management, AV management, exhibit services coordination, transportation and more
- Weave key messaging and “Mission Possible” theme into all event aspects – from pre-event communications and on-site branding to general session content, training presentations and trade fair exhibition
- Manage venue, logistics and technical components of the program to ensure a high standard throughout, generating excitement in a learning environment
- Meet strict budget expectations that included supplier fund solicitation by negotiating the right price and fair contracts to maximize creativity and minimize costs
- Target messaging and content, as well as unique workshop schedules for multiple audiences
- We partnered with the client for pre-event, on-site and post-event coordination to concept, develop and execute a clear vision and measure outcomes
- We used high-impact AV and technical production using lighting, music and video to engage audiences and deliver clear communications
- We led the creation of a physical “Mission Possible” Headquarters to showcase the aftermarket infrastructure in place to support dealers in their No. 1 role – “uptime,” or keeping customers’ trucks on the road; this headquarters received overwhelmingly positive feedback from both attendees and corporate exhibitors, and was the most popular exhibit during the three-day trade fair
- Strong attendance, with more than 1,200 dealer, supplier and corporate attendees in 2015 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas
- High post-event survey approval ratings
- An invitation to support the next UPTIME event, to be held in 2017