The Supplier Summit, a two-day meeting held annually in late summer, is conducted by Volvo Group North America Aftermarket Marketing & Sales. Its purpose is to update supplier partners regarding the state of the trucking industry, review goals for collectively growing the aftermarket parts sales business and secure commitments for next-year program funding.
Client Volvo Group
Skills Event Management
Manager Fanny Stronach
- Event communications to supplier and corporate attendees, including invitations, agendas, travel planning, post-event follow-up, etc.
- Pre-event and on-site registration
- Meeting logistics, such as food and beverage, A/V and meeting room set-up
- Event registration and program organization
- Creative and production: Annual event theme, program, signage, PowerPoint templates and presentations, etc.
- Developing engaging themes and programs, with an appropriate balance of business and entertainment
- Creating partnership opportunities and programming that appeals to multiple levels of supplier participation
- Producing a “top-notch meeting” experience with a minimal budget allocation
- Work hand-in-hand with the client to ensure a clear understanding of their strategic goals for both the meeting and the next year’s business objectives
- Create high-impact theming and communication materials
- Develop detailed timelines and role assignments to ensure flawless event execution
- Become a meeting planning resource, not simply a product vendor
- The client’s annual program funding goals were met or exceeded each year
- At least 75 percent of all invited suppliers attended the event each year
- Interest in and attendance at the event grew each year, eventually requiring two events be held to accommodate all supplier partners