Website & On-Site Mobile Application
Piedmont Triad International Airport
Air travel can be stressful, but the folks at Piedmont Triad International Airport believe using their airport shouldn’t be. That’s why we decided to make “ease of use” the driving focus when it came to developing the latest iteration of the PTI website. The home page for the new flyfrompti.com includes all the information travelers need: real-time flight schedules, current weather conditions, airlines that serve PTI, a flight map, and ground transportation and lodging options. We put a lot of thought into making something very complex “easy” to use.
Client PTI Airport
Skills Website, On-Site Application
Manager Christina Hussey
Dev & Design Kevin O’Neill
- Website concept, creative development, programming, design, copywriting, build and management
- Mobile web app concept for a unique in-airport experience, creative development, programming, design, build and management
- To design assets that are informative, easy-to-navigate and targeted to three unique audiences: travelers, employees and organizations looking to bring their businesses to the region
- flyfrompti.com was designed to be fully ADA-compliant
- Scalable Vector Graphics files, or SVG files, were used to create full-screen backgrounds that load fast and look sharp
- Analysis of industry best practices and user analytics guided content, navigation and design decisions from start to finish
- The website has received high marks for both form and function from within the company as well as from passengers and prospects
- This project was an integral part of the submission which won the 2019 ACI-NA Award for Overall Marketing Programs – Small Airports
Want to find out if Vela is the right fit for your airport?