Healthcare Advertising Awards
Alamance Regional Medical Center
In May 2014, Vela was named a Silver Award Winner in the 31st Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards for our development of the “It’s My Hospital” Campaign for Alamance Regional Medical Center. The winners of Healthcare Advertising Awards are selected by a national panel of judges who award entries “that exemplify exceptional quality, creativity and message effectiveness.”
Client Alamance Regional
Date May 2014
Manager Mike Horn
- Working with the marketing team at Alamance Regional we developed a campaign theme, conceptual direction, messaging and production of materials for a sustained campaign to both regain and retain patients.
- Alamance Regional Medical Center competes for patients with two academic medical centers and another much larger healthcare system. While the quality of care at Alamance Regional is highly rated, the surrounding community often chose to “leave town” for care rather than receive it at Alamance Regional.
- The marketing challenge was to not only elevate community perception around the quality of care, but to install a sense of pride and ownership in the community’s local hospital.
- Using local individuals as testimonials, the agency built a campaign using print, outdoor, television and web around the “It’s My Hospital” theme.
- The campaign increased community pride and ownership in the medical center and regained market share.
- Prior to the completion of the campaign, Alamance Regional was merged with one of its competitors. Of course our story is that the campaign helped make the hospital an attractive merger partner….and we’re sticking to it.